[lubuntu-users] What happened?? kernel not upgrading during dist-upgrade in kinetic??

Fritz Hudnut este.el.paz at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 17:00:02 UTC 2022

Is:

Thanks for the reply . . . I do "know" which distro is handling grub . . .
the TW install, but they don't do the same "update-grub" command in SUSE,
as I recall from past exploits trying to get grub tidied up . . . .  They
do a command like "grub2-mkconfig xxxxxxx" which I did run yesterday.  They
do offer reinstall with "grub2-install" . . . .

I guess it wouldn't hurt to run that to see if it picks up the newer kernel
in Lu . . . now that 5.13 is gone there should be a more clear "choice" . .
. .