[lubuntu-users] What happened?? kernel not upgrading during dist-upgrade in kinetic??

Fritz Hudnut este.el.paz at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 16:06:16 UTC 2022

et al:

Spoke too soon . . . not out of the woods on this one yet.  Seems like the
edits made in the grub "EFI" menu are not maintained on reboot??  Doesn't
seem to be any hints on how to "save" the edits . . . just make them and
then boot them???  But, then it appears that the edits are lost and it's
back to the previous version??

After I got 5.19 to boot I used the GUI mainline kernel app to remove the
old 5.13 kernel, to try to get the system to default to 5.19, but on trying
today it said, "5.13 not found, hit any key to continue" and back into Grub
menu we went.

Arrowed down to Lubuntu, pressed "e" and changed the kernel data to 5.19
and it booted up.

Question is, why doesn't it hold the data??  I've changed both line items,
the "Lubuntu" and the "advanced options" data and I can boot it, one time .
. . .  I tried "ctrl o" but that didn't do anything . . . .  Do I need to
take it to "command line" and then try to "ctrl o" it to save it??