[lubuntu-users] What happened?? kernel not upgrading during dist-upgrade in kinetic??

Fritz Hudnut este.el.paz at gmail.com
Sun Sep 11 18:45:34 UTC 2022

Top posting:

This is the current data from Lubuntu, and that UUID number doesn't show up
anywhere in "sudo blkid" from in the Lu system.  But I did write that
number down from some "error" reports showing in the console during the
last apt dist-upgrade that I ran yesterday in Lu.  Somehow perhaps apt did
something to  mess itself up??

[CODE] sudo cat /etc/default/grub
# If you change this file, run 'update-grub' afterwards to update
# /boot/grub/grub.cfg.
# For full documentation of the options in this file, see:
#   info -f grub -n 'Simple configuration'

GRUB_DEFAULT=0
GRUB_TIMEOUT=0
GRUB_DISTRIBUTOR='lubuntu1910'
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash
resume=UUID=f9ae531f-ec45-4a13-a75d-d3fd4cd80fe0"
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX="" [/CODE]

Do I want to edit that "quiet splash resume" data to match the /dev/sdc7
location of the Lubuntu "/" UUID??

[CODE] /dev/sdc7: UUID="17bcb813-d05e-4cc3-bcdf-16d283156780"  [/CODE]

And, then try to again run the grub bootloader to get it to find a newer
location of Lu that would then allow upgrading to 5.19 xx kernel???