[lubuntu-users] What happened?? apt freezes during dist-upgrade in kinetic??

Fritz Hudnut este.el.paz at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 19:51:34 UTC 2022

Nio:

I guess there was a post on the list that I didn't get, as I'm on digest .
. . .  But, thanks guys for checking on the "5.19" . . . I'm doing "weekly"
apt update/upgrade and pretty sure I saw it was attempting to install
5.15??? (something less than 5.19)  and then now seems to have selected
5.13 . . . ???

I ran the master grub bootloader this morning, which should select the
newest kernel in Lu . . . next time I boot into it . . . .  And I did run
"apt -f install" and that brought back "nothing to do" . . . it didn't show
anything "broken" and so forth.

I will also check synaptic to see if it shows anything broken . . .
sometimes it can actually "fix broken"  and sometimes it "blinks its eyes"
and nothing happens . . . .  I was looking through my cheat sheet notes for
how to fix problems, but I didn't see anything on "dpkg" and/or how to use
it to find and fix any issues . . . ???

Anyway . . . I'll get back to it in a bit and see if grub found the 5.19
kernel option to boot up . . . .