[lubuntu-users] Asking how long Lubuntu 18.04 supported as Ubuntu 18.04 is supported untill 2028

Aere Greenway aere at dvorak-keyboards.com
Sun Apr 4 16:47:45 UTC 2021

On 4/4/21 5:48 AM, Chris Guiver wrote:
> "Lubuntu 18.04.5 LTS, will be supported until April 2021. We are
> limiting changes to critical fixes and underlying system changes
> shipped with all other Ubuntu flavors for the 18.04.5 LTS release."
>
> Not all of a 18.04 system will reach EOL this month though; the base
> packages that are common with Ubuntu Desktop 18.04 LTS do come with 5
> years of support, to see which packages those are, and how much of
> your system supports end you can use `ubuntu-support-status` to check
> on your actual installed system.

I think a more pertinent question here, relates to Lubuntu being the
only 'flavor' of Ubuntu that supports 32-bit (i386) machines.

Will the Ubuntu repository continue to included kernel fixes relating to
32-bit (i386) machines, or will all 32-bit support end when Lubuntu
18.04 support ends?

--
Sincerely,
Aere