[lubuntu-users] Bug with Keyboard & Mouse Settings

Patrick Jarrett pjarrett at gmail.com
Sun Nov 8 14:36:08 UTC 2020

So, a few weeks ago I went on vacation and during that trip my usb mouse's
left click was becoming unreliable, it was an old mouse and it was finally
giving up on me. So, to get through the trip, I went into Lubuntu settings
for keyboard and mouse and I switched the mouse buttons. Using the right
moust button to click got me through the remainder of the trip until I
could get home and replace the mouse.

However, once I got the new mouse and disabled the setting I have found
that each time I boot, my laptop retains the setting of flipping the mouse
buttons. I go Pref -> Keyboard and Mouse and it shows the switch mouse
buttons button as unchecked. I have to re-click it (with the right mouse
button) then click again to disable it and save settings for it to take for
the system. But when I next boot, I have to do it again.

Any thoughts on this bug? I am on an Acer laptop with Lubuntu 20.10.

Cheers,
//Trick