[lubuntu-users] 18.04 LTS support length?

Aere Greenway aere at dvorak-keyboards.com
Wed May 20 15:36:50 UTC 2020

On 5/20/20 9:27 AM, uninvolved at outlook.com wrote:
> Lubuntu is based on Ubuntu and I've been curious about the LTS.
>
> They announced that *Ubuntu* 18.04 would be supported for 10 years.
> Here's one article regarding this:
> https://betanews.com/2018/11/18/ten-year-support-ubuntu-18-04-lts/
>
> From rooting around online, I find a ton of conflicting information.
> Here's a thread where Simon posted:
> https://www.reddit.com/r/Lubuntu/comments/9f6ws2/is_lubuntu_1804_lts_supported_until_2021_or_2023/
>

> I now have no idea if it's 3 years, 5 years, or 10 years.
>
> Having now used LXQt, I'm much happier with LXDE. I'd like to stick
> with LXDE as long as realistically possible, though I understand (I
> think) the difficulties around that.
>
> Can anyone clear this up, thanks!

I'm currently using LXDE, both on my Lubuntu 20.04 production system,
and on my i386 (32-bit) Debian 'Buster' test systems, and it works fine
for me.  Things in the menu are sometimes in different places, but you
get used to it.

I prefer LXDE because of its more varied customization options, and for
being more similar to what I'm used to using.

--
Sincerely,
Aere