[lubuntu-users] How to get back the wifi icon in taskbar (Wilbert Heeringa)

Fritz Hudnut este.el.paz at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 14:19:38 UTC 2020

> Dear all,
>
> I am using Lubuntu 20.04 LTS.
>
> I accidentally lost the wifi icon in the taskbar in the bottom right. I
> need it since I have to switch wifi connections (since my printer is
> connected via wifi).
>
> I tried:
> right-click taskbar
> Choose ‘Configure Panel’
> Click ‘Widgets’
> Click on +
>>
> Then I don’t know what to do, there is nothing in the list that seems to
> include the wifi icon. There is a ‘Network monitor’, but that’s something
> else, it does not give me a list of wifi connections which I can choose
> from.
>
> Via the Start button you can choose >Preferences >Advanced Network
> Configuration, but it does not solve the problem either.
>
> Does anybody know a solution?

@Wilbert:

Did you try a basic apt update/upgrade??  I recall that over the years the
wifi applet would disappear, or sometimes show up as two applets . . .
problem seems to come and go, and often the next update/upgrade will
resolve the problem, or a couple of them?  Otherwise in terms of how to go
into the console and fix the problem . . . I don't know.