[lubuntu-users] Spotify app menu setting malfunction

Eric Bradshaw ericbradshaw at computers4christians.org
Thu Jul 23 02:10:07 UTC 2020

Hello,

Spotify app (both snap and deb. version) doesn't allow to enter menu
setting. It just lists the titles of menu but doesn't react to clicking
on them.

It happened on 19.10 and it does on 20.04 versions.

On Ubuntu-mate it works !

Could you, please, explain how to fix it on Lubuntu ?

Best regards,

Igor.

Igor,

I can confirm the same Spotify behavior you're describing exists on
Lubuntu 18.04 and I believe I've seen this behavior from 18.04.1 (that's
about the time I first installed Spotify via the .deb file) through 18.04.4

The 5 Menu items; Private Session, Account, Upgrade Your Account (I use
the free version), Settings and Log Out do nothing when clicked.

I suspect those menu items are probably coded to specifically work with
a file manager that is *not* PCManFM - but, I'm totally guessing that's
the problem - and I'm afraid I've got no idea how to fix it.

Eric

--

Thank You,
God Bless You,