[lubuntu-users] Where have all the Bash Shells gone???

Chris Guiver guiverc at gmail.com
Sat Sep 14 03:44:30 UTC 2019

I tried the newer daily (2019-09-13) and it worked on
- hp 8200 elite sff (i5-2400, 8gb, nvidia quadro 600)
- sony vaio ultrabook (i5-9400u, 4gb, intel haswell-ULT)

I also have Lubuntu 19.10 installed & used on
- dell [optiplex] 780 (c2q-q9400, 8gb, amd/ati cedar radeon hd
5000/6000/7350/8350)
- dell [optiplex] 960 (c2q-q9400, 8gb, amd/ati cedar radeon hd
5000/6000/7350/8350)
- sony vaio ultrabook (i5-9400u, 4gb, intel haswell-ULT)

The d960 is my primary desktop, so I'd notice it not working there very quickly.

I do however have a keyboard - Logitech Office Internet keyboard  (I
don't see a specific model number) where ctrl+alt+Fn does NOT work,
but that keyboard sends different codes & it's the non-standard
keyboard's fault in my opinion.  I've noted the same on a microsoft &
third brand I can't think of that also sent non-standard responses
(when compared to normal keyboard using `xev` and like tools). They
were cheap keyboards so I just put them aside, can't recall what I
discovered the reason was but they were sold only to work with
windows, and the non-standard returns were to add some function in
windows but not need extra component & cost (side effect was certain
key combinations give wrong results - logitech's answer was used
another of their keyboards).  Your keyboard issue could be because of
this - ie. a non-standard keystrokes.

Chris g.