[lubuntu-users] JUST BE NICE (was: a bunch of other topics)

Walter Lapchynski wxl at ubuntu.com
Tue May 21 17:27:29 UTC 2019

On 2019-05-21 09:37, Liam Proven wrote:
> I do not spend my time attempting to communicate by placing alphabet
> blocks in stacks that spell out my sentences, because I am not 2 years
> old.

This conversation is really degrading quickly. I'm going to ask kindly
that we all just quit. Some people like forums, some people like mailing
lists. Some people learn visually, some people learn by reading. Neither
are objectively, universally better or worse, though one might prefer
one over the other.

> I find that people who never learned to write don't usually have
> anything very interesting to say.

This is incredibly short-sighted, at best. That's like saying people
that didn't graduate from school are stupid (see Einstein). And if we're
going to make gross generalizations, let's go for this one: if you don't
have something nice to say, don't say anything at all.

With my Lubuntu Council/Ubuntu Community Council hat on,
Walter
--
       @wxl | polka.bike
C563 CAC5 8BE1 2F22 A49D