[lubuntu-users] contributions (was: 19.4 installer has 8gig minimum disk requirement)

Walter Lapchynski wxl at ubuntu.com
Thu May 2 21:19:42 UTC 2019

On 2019-05-02 20:46, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> n Thu, 02 May 2019 13:04:08 -0700, Walter Lapchynski wrote:
>>On 2019-05-02 20:01, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>>> I've got deep respect regarding your effort
>> it would be certainly easier if we had
>>more help… so if you're looking for something to do, Ralf… ☺

> I tend to get in contact with upstream

Given your broad use of different distros, I'd say that is a reasonable
way to approach things.

> Should I install a
> LTS or the latest release to be a little bit helpful to you?

I would suggest the latest. The latest LTS, 18.04, is supported by the
Lubuntu Team until 2021, which is not very long. At that point, we will
have no LXDE version any longer. As of 18.10, we made the switch to LXQt
and now have two releases under our belt.

That said, there are still some lingering bugs in LXDE that I would love
to see fixed. There is [one][1] in particular that I find incredibly
frustrating. If you could figure that out, more power to you!!!!

which is probably a more appropriate avenue than this one to discuss
development, bugs, and contribution in general.

[1]: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/pcmanfm/+bug/1782984
--
       @wxl | polka.bike
C563 CAC5 8BE1 2F22 A49D