[lubuntu-users] Invalid output from pipe-menu "openbox-menu xfce-application menu

Israel israeldahl at gmail.com
Sun Mar 3 13:18:22 UTC 2019

On 3/2/19 7:35 AM, Marc Tremblay wrote:
> Thanks Israel,
>
> You are right. It seems like it might be a problem with the menu.xml
> file or the xfce application menu.
>
> I'm just not sure what I need to modify. Everything seems to be in the
> right place but I need to do more testing as you mentioned.
>
> I just wish I was had more knowledge on what I need to modify.
>
> I'll let you know if I make any progress.
>

> On Mar 2, 2019 8:17 AM, Israel <israeldahl at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Mark,
> My first thought would be that it is an issue with some configuration
> you have in your $HOME folder (probably more specifically in
> $XDG_CONFIG_HOME... i.e. ~/.config/)

Hi Marc,

Did you already test and get a working state?

If it is a problem with the menu.xml file you could try to check it with
an xml validator (like xmllint) to see if somehow the xml became
malformed.  But if it is an easy fix, you could write a script to modify
(maybe using xsltproc) whatever file it is that is messed up, and run
that on each computer after upgrade.