[lubuntu-users] Error: "system program problem" . . . the new mouse sweeps clean?

Walter Lapchynski wxl at ubuntu.com
Sun Jun 30 05:50:10 UTC 2019

On Sat, Jun 29, 2019 at 04:00:55PM -0700, Fritz Hudnut wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 29, 2019 at 3:29 PM Walter Lapchynski <wxl at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> > On Sat, Jun 29, 2019 at 10:54:25AM -0700, Fritz Hudnut wrote:
> > Um, so you're saying that the problem is solved? Strangest story ever.
> Right.  It "appears" to be "solved" . . . for now, but yep, you could say
> that "'strange' is my middle name" . . .

Well, good. Can I quote you on that, by the way? XD

> > Did you ever look in /var/crash? There are some odd things in the logs
> > you posted up that *could* create a problem, but unknown.
> I pasted the data into a document
> that is now in the Lubuntu Documents directory

The contents of /var/crash can get wiped (this is normal, actually; it's
abnormal when you have things sitting in there), so I'm not too
surprised the original disappeared, but you should have this copy, no?

> there are some "issues" that go along with running
> multi-boot systems

Yes, this! I totally caution people against them.

> "inode_val:
> object (oid 0x2b644e): invalid internal flags . . . "  errors

An inode refers to the filesystem. Maybe your disk is dying? Weird
problems are often caused by hardware failures. Software— algorithms—
are predictable. Faulty circuitry is not.

> that disk's partition is
> formatted as APFS, and that is a new format that Apple is using

Are you sure GRUB supports this? They certainly don't list it in the
[filesystem section][1] of their manual.

[1]:
https://www.gnu.org/software/grub/manual/grub/html_node/Internationalisation.html#Filesystems

--
       @wxl | polka.bike