[lubuntu-users]   Strange, dark, look-and-feel of qjackctl, qsynth, and      qmidiroute on Lubuntu 18.04

Fri Jan 11 03:52:44 UTC 2019

On 1/10/19 6:46 PM, Israel wrote:
> On 1/9/19 11:47 AM, Eric Bradshaw wrote:

>> Dear Aere,
>>
>> The C4C Lubuntu 18.04 ReSpin now uses pkexec
>> [https://www.freedesktop.org/software/polkit/docs/0.015/pkexec.1.html]
>> in place of gksu. By utilizing the method put forth by and the policy
>> files created by Allen Guarnes
>> [https://www.allenguarnes.com/technology/resolving-the-missing-gksu-command-in-ubuntu-18-04/]
>> you should be able to do what you want and have everything look just
>> the same as it did. In ebery case I've tried, I've been able to
>> replace gksu with pkexec. For example, the command gksu pcmanfm can
>> be replaced with pkexec pcmanfm.
>>
>> Eric
>> --
>> Thank you,
>> God bless you,
>> Computers4Christians
>> http://computers4christians.org
>>
> Hi,
>
> I agree that pkexec is the current best practice.  You will need to
> make a pkexec file for the programs if they do not have one, though.
>
> I am not sure though if systemd is replacing PolicyKit (they've
> replaced many many many things).  So this may be a temporary solution
> (should work for a few years at least).
>
> Aere,
>
> I did some looking around and Arch (as per usual) has a really helpful
> page about this
>
> https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Uniform_look_for_Qt_and_GTK_applications#QGtkStyle
>
> tl;dr
>
> If they are Qt4 apps
>
> echo "[Qt]
>
> style=GTK+" >> ~/.config/Trolltech.conf
>
> If they are Qt5
>
> sudo apt install qt5-style-plugins
>
> Then you need to set this variable (so I am adding it to the xinitrc)
>
> |echo "QT_QPA_PLATFORMTHEME=gtk2" >> .~/xinitrc|
>
> This should get you back on track :D
>
> --
> Regards

Israel:

They are definitely qt5 applications.

I have attached a screenshot of the error dialog to this e-mail as a
".png" file.

I tried what you said to do for qt5, with results as follows:

qt5-style-plugins were already installed, and the latest version.

Your echo command didn't work.  In reading the URL info, I think it
should have been:

|echo "QT_QPA_PLATFORMTHEME=gtk2" >> |||~/|.xinitrc
|

|But that didn't work either.  Signing-in didn't work either.
|

|If I could just figure out where lxqt-sudo is defining
QT_STYLE_OVERRIDE, and remove it, I think I would be able to fix my
systems.

--
Sincerely,
Aere