[lubuntu-users] Strange, dark, look-and-feel of qjackctl, qsynth, and qmidiroute on Lubuntu 18.04

Tue Jan 8 23:04:47 UTC 2019

On 1/8/19 2:07 PM, Israel wrote:
> On 1/7/19 10:06 PM, Aere Greenway wrote:
>> Lubuntu Users Group:
>>
>> (Sorry - I initially sent this from the wrong e-mail address)
>>

>> To mount my NFS drive on my local client systems, I needed something
>> to get ask the user for root privilege.
>>
>> On Lubuntu 16.04, I used gksu, but on Lubuntu 18.04, that package
>> appears to be unavailable.
>>
>> So in its place, I installed lxqt-sudo, and used that.
>>
>> However, after installing that, a number of applications no longer
>> have their normal Gnome look-and-feel, but instead, have a dark look,
>> and take up a huge (much more than necessary) amount of screen
>> real-estate.
>>
>> The applications I'm having this problem with, are:
>>
>> qjackctl
>>
>> qsynth
>>
>> qmidiroute
>>
>> Does anyone know how I can change them back to their former Gnome
>> look-and-feel (or even explain what has happened)?
>>
>> The strange thing is, on some of my 18.04 systems, this didn't happen
>> - those applications still have their usual Gnome look-and-feel.
>>
>> I have been unable to determine why it is okay on some of my systems,
>> and not on other systems.
>>
>> - Aere
>>
> Aere,
>
> Those are Qt apps, are you using LXDE or LXQt?
>
> If you are using LXDE then, installing lxqt-sudo probably installed some
> more things, and changed a Qt setting.
>
> You can make sure you have the Qt GTK+ engine
>
> sudo apt install qt5-gtk-platformtheme
>
> This hopefully will fix it.  If not, look for a Qt settings (or KDE
> settings) in your /usr/share/applications/
>
> Then launch this and change it to the qt gtk+ engine

Israel:

Thank you for your expertise, and your ideas.

I am using LXDE.

I performed the apt install qt5-gtk-platformtheme statement.  It
indicated the latest version of it was already installed, and the newest
version.

I launched qjackctl, and it still has the strange, dark, look-and-feel.

I couldn't find anything in /usr/share/applications/ that resembled QT
settings, or KDE settings.  In Synaptic Package Manager, I searched for
"kde-settings", "kdesettings", "qt-settings", and "qtsettings", but none
of those searches found anything.

Is there something I could install that would allow me to change the
settings?

--
Sincerely,
Aere