[lubuntu-users] Is this it for Lubuntu QA Disco QA?

Fritz Hudnut este.el.paz at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 21:44:36 UTC 2019

@Walter:

Gave that wiki a quick read . . . which seems to exceed my skillset . . .
.  I can do basic stuff, run basic commands . . . but I know nothing about
"html markup language" . . . never had any education in command line . . .
.  I could go through some of the stuff, but the "writing test cases" part
I don't see having time to lean how to do that, and then do it.  My speed
is "bug reports" . . . which even that doesn't seem to stay within the
lines requested . . . .

In the past I tried to do some of the QA testing of installs . . . but,
even that process is "cumbersome" to time schedules . . . in that, in the
QA we can't just "report" any issues we might have found, we also have to
file bug reports . . . before we can then report them in the QA . . . and
seemingly the bug report thing has its own "issues" . . . like with
"Lubuntu" I recently only found two options to report against "LXfind" and
"LXschedule" . . . and then when I tried to "apport-collect" data to the
bug report . . . from the terminal Launchpad opened and logged me in via
the browser . . . but running the "collect + bug number" . . . data was not
transmitted . . . ???  Tried several times . . . on both bug reports--to
wit, one is now "invalid" but the other one seems not to have been
"received."

Point is that there are over-lapping layers of complexity in the QA that
just take "too much" time . . . .  As of Lu 19.04 and my seat of the pants
testing goes, there really doesn't seem to be major problems with it . . .
the install went well, running it every few days I could find things in the
GUI that I might like to see improved as far as the visuals of it goes . .
. and some practical stuff like being able to "suspend" from the log in
window . . . (there are now two icon-applets for power stuff that are new,
but I don't think "suspend" works from there) . . . but, otherwise can't
complain.