[lubuntu-users] new software needs testing

Walter Lapchynski wxl at ubuntu.com
Wed Aug 21 05:00:25 UTC 2019

On Mon, Aug 19, 2019 at 11:57:46AM +0100, Ian Bruntlett wrote:
> On Sun, 18 Aug 2019 at 21:27, Walter Lapchynski <wxl at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> > For 19.10, there's two pieces of software that we're considering getting
> > in:
> >  1. sddm-config-editor, a GUI for the display manager configuration
> >  2. a more updated, featureful fork of our compositor, compton
> Not sure what to test for - not having experimented with graphics much.

A good thing to do would be to edit the configuration with
`compton-conf` ("Window Effects") in the menu, then kill and restart
compton. Try different things.

Also I would check some things out that require more intensive graphics.
Full screen YouTube videos, for example, Screen tearing is a thing this
software should solve.

Thanks for the help!

--
       @wxl | polka.bike