[lubuntu-users] Shift-Insert works different in LXQt

Mark F azdays15 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 24 19:01:10 UTC 2019

Something else I'm noticing: I have the habit of using shift-insert to
paste things.

I'm noticing that Featherpad will change to type-over mode from insert mode
(as if I pressed the insert key to toggle that mode).

Chrome, firefox, noblenote, all seem to not have that behavior. It might be
just Featherpad, not LXQt.

I thought I would mention this because I think shift-insert is popular
among Windows users? They might be frustrated if forced to do ctrl-v (on
top of all the other frustrations of changing to a new environment). It
could be an impediment to adoption. (I honestly don't know how prevalent
shift-insert is. I googled and it doesn't look like it's rare.).

Mark