[lubuntu-users] Lubuntu compared to other distros

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Wed Apr 24 17:24:23 UTC 2019

On Wed, 24 Apr 2019 at 19:11, Mark F <azdays15 at gmail.com> wrote:

> If there is a way to see guest memory use from outside Qemu, I have all the .iso files and could do that. (I couldn't find a way. I saw some things saying it's not possible because KVM is a black box).

Here's how I did it when I did a roundup for the Reg:

https://www.theregister.co.uk/Print/2013/04/26/xbuntu_round_up/

Virtualbox. Identical VM for each distro: then, 1GB RAM, 8GB hard
disk. Default install. Reboot. Do a full update with:

sudo -s
apt-get update
apt-get dist-upgrade -y
apt-get autoremove -y
# remove obsolete packages
apt-get purge
# remove leftover config files
apt-get clean
# empties the cache

Reboot again. Log in. Wait for the system to "settle" -- no disk activity.
Then I used ``free'' and ``df -h''.