[lubuntu-users] Resume from "suspend:" a privacy concern?

Mark F azdays15 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 24 17:18:34 UTC 2019

On Wed, Apr 24, 2019 at 10:07 AM Walter Lapchynski <wxl at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> On 2019-04-24 14:45, Mark F wrote:
> > When I
> > press the laptop's power button after it's been suspended
>
> This right here seems strange to me. Why would you hit the power button?
> Are you trying to turn it off?

I might suspend the laptop when I go to bed (or shopping). When I return,
pressing the power button is how I wake it up. That's how I've done it (for
years). Never had a problem (thought it was supposed to work that way,
didn't realize I was being strange, etc.).

It just seemed to me like that momentary peek at the desktop could be a
privacy concern. It's not entirely locked. I don't recall ever seeing that
in the past. Just wanted to mention it.

Mark