[lubuntu-users] 19.04LXQt Change title bar to a different color?

Mark F azdays15 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 22 14:56:05 UTC 2019

Something else stood out to me. In a prior msg I said I changed the
font-size to 10 (Preferences->LXQt Settings->Appearance).

*1.* I expected that to include the desktop's font since the desktop is
just the file manager treating the desktop as a folder(?). Eventually I
right clicked the desktop and set its font there. *It might be useful to
say something in the Appearance dialog that the desktop's font is
controlled elsewhere.* Maybe invoke that dialog from there as a convenience?

However, *the real reason for posting this comment:*

*2.* That *Desktop Preferences dialog* (right-click on desktop): when I
clicked on "Select font," *the "font style" was set to "Light italic"
(which is not the current setting). *

I think it's merely defaulting to the first font-style in the list (i.e.,
not being set to the current font-style). So, you think you're changing the
font size, click ok (and apply)... and then you end up with more than you
bargained for. After you go back and set it to "Regular,"  then the dialog
respects the current font-style each time you open it.

That seems like a bug.

Also, in a previous msg (perhaps the one still held in the moderator queue,
with the attached screen shot) I said it would be *nice to have fractional
font sizes. *

*3.* I found ~/.config/lxqt/lxqt.conf. I changed the font size in that file
(to 10.5) and it immediately updated the display (everything except the
Desktop labels. I'll have to figure out where that's stored as a config
file).

I truly believe this would be a very positive change to the configuration
tools (if the font-size "spin" numerical-choice field allowe a decimal
number to be typed in, like many apps do.). I'm personally liking 10.3'ish
font size.

It probably sounds excessive to be that particular about font size. But...
if you can specify the margins for items on the desktop in *pixels*... it
seems like fine tuning font-size would deserve some love too. (Especially
when LXQt apparently respects those fractional sizes, it's just the config
dialogs that limit the value to whole numbers.).

Mark