[lubuntu-users] 19.04LXQt Change title bar to a different color?

Mark F azdays15 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 21 17:45:17 UTC 2019

On Sat, Apr 20, 2019 at 11:48 PM Walter Lapchynski <wxl at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> > existing Lubuntu partition seemed out of place, and didn't have the sda
> > identifier. Something about that seemed almost like *too much*
> information,
> > or not enough.
>
> I'm struggling to to understand what you're trying to explain.

FYI: I replied to your email with an attached screenshot. It's held in the
moderator queue. If attachments are not ok, I uploaded it for viewing.[1]

Another couple things come to mind (that stood out to me after years of
LXDE use):

1. The login screen would benefit from a spinning hourglass (indicating
it's doing something). It wasn't clear to me if I should press enter, or
click the tile (which lent to my perception of the theme looking tiled,
touchscreen'ish, the style that seems like a fad today, but maybe it really
is popular and it's just me who's a Luddite.). There's no "ok" button to
click. When I pressed enter, it didn't do anything for a long time. So,
clicked on the tile a few times.

When the desktop appeared, it wasn't clear to me what made it happen. I've
since learned to be patient and pressing enter makes it happen. (But, a
progress indicator would be nice.).

2. LXDE Lubuntu had a "desktop switcher" in the panel (bottom of desktop).
That switcher showed a mini thumbnail of the desktop. A visual hint about
the windows open on that desktop.

I miss that a lot. Sometimes I would move a window over there for safe
keeping. I might forget about it. When I logged out (shutdown, whatever) I
would quickly look at that panel widget as a sanity check. Now I have to go
to that desktop and look (lest I close an app improperly, corrupt
something, lose something, etc.).

3. As someone recently mentioned, I liked having Suspend on the login
screen. I might let my laptop go untouched for a couple hours. It will
lock. Then I get the idea to somewhere, and want to suspend the laptop
while I'm gone. It was easy to just click the icon and choose "Suspend"
from the list of options. Now I have to sign back in to do that. It was a
convenience.

Is there a way to edit that and make it how I want it to be (background
color, etc?). I used to edit /etc/lightdm/lightdm-gtk-greeter.conf and
customize it. That file doesn't seem to exist now.

[1] http://i.xomf.com/ncnqv.jpg

Thanks,
Mark