[lubuntu-users] C4C Lubuntu ReSpin18.04.2

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Wed Apr 17 15:01:15 UTC 2019

On Mon, 15 Apr 2019 09:00:32 -0700, Walter Lapchynski wrote:
>On Mon, Apr 15, 2019 at 04:53:47PM +0100, Liam Proven wrote:
>> On Mon, 15 Apr 2019 at 11:09, Ben Johnston
>> <bjohnston at neomailbox.net> wrote:
>> > Being considerate and respectful are the first two paragraphs of
>> > the Ubuntu code of conduct.
>> Does it also say "use plain text, no formatting" and "please
>> bottom-post on mailing lists"?
>> No? Well it should. Please do.
>
>No, but it it does say to be considerate and respectful, so I would
>urge you to do that from here on out. That is a far more egregious
>misstep than anything else in this thread. Long story short: if you
>don't have something nice to say, please don't say anything at all.

Indeed Liam acted like a child. OTOH please don't be unfair. Liam's
original post wasn't without reason.

The OP has written

"The C4C Lubuntu ReSpin has just been updated to 18.04.2."

Would you tolerate

"The Fiat Lux [1] Lubuntu ReSpin has just been updated to 18.04.2"?

The topic of today are the "Notre Dame donations". It's just a
historical building, owned by the rich catholic Church and/or France.
Nobody donates enough to help a poor fellow citizen who lose everything
due to a fire. Nobody donates nearly enough to help people who die of
hunger, who don't have a home at all, they could lose by a fire. To
rebuild a Gothic church owned by the super-rich, people donate an
exorbitant amount of money. All done for the sake of a god that does
not exist and/or for hysterical raisins, while people who really exist
suffer from life-threatening poorness. This is at least one outcomes of
Christianisation.

Maybe we should care more about the living, than about imaginary
friends.

It's your opinion that Liam made "a far more egregious misstep". Yes,
Liam made an infantile fightback. However, please don't lose
perspective. While I also disagree with Liams original standpoint, IMO
Liam's original standpoint is understandable and as tolerable as the
OP's intention to introduce C4C.

Please be considerate and respectful to everyone.

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiat_Lux_(UFO_religion)