[lubuntu-users] C4C Lubuntu ReSpin18.04.2

Ben Johnston bjohnston at neomailbox.net
Mon Apr 15 10:09:05 UTC 2019

Hello All,

Being considerate and respectful are the first two paragraphs of the
Ubuntu code of conduct.

https://www.ubuntu.com/community/code-of-conduct

  *

            Be considerate

    Our work will be used by other people, and we in turn will depend on
    the work of others. Any decision we take will affect users and
    colleagues, and we should consider them when making decisions.

  *

            Be respectful

    Disagreement is no excuse for poor manners. We work together to
    resolve conflict, assume good intentions and do our best to act in
    an empathic fashion. We don't allow frustration to turn into a
    personal attack. A community where people feel uncomfortable or
    threatened is not a productive one.

In both disagreements to posts on the mailing list and further threads
of conversation,  consideration and respect is to be paramount.  We can
have a conversation about whether Lubuntu ReSpins are valid for official
inclusion in the Lubuntu community but it should be done respectfully
and without bias.

Let's change tact in this discussion shall we?

I do not see any reason for blocking the originator of the post from the
mailing list.

Regards,

Ben