[lubuntu-users] Lubuntu 18.10, no touchpad settings

Sun Oct 28 15:11:35 UTC 2018

On 10/28/18 8:48 AM, Israel wrote:
> On 10/27/18 11:23 AM, Aere Greenway wrote:
>> On 10/27/18 10:19 AM, Bill Hopkins wrote:
>>> I have tried Lubuntu 18.10, running as a Live Distro from a usb
>>> thumb drive.
>>> In both cases there is no "tap to click" function, to emulate a left
>>> mouse button click, on the touchpad.
>>> I also was unable to find any program in the Menu, to adjust the
>>> settings of a touchpad.
>>> I also tried to download a touchpad program from the software
>>> repository, but the programs I downloaded and installed, did not
>>> show up in the Menu.
>>>
>>> Does anyone have solution to this issue.
>>>
>>> There is no touchpad issue with the Lubuntu 18.04, that I am using.
>>>
>> In my testing, I noticed the same thing.
>>
>> --
>> Sincerely,
>> Aere
>>
> You can change touchpad settings manually from the terminal.
>
> I personally have a FLTK based application that I use to fine-tune
> synaptic touchpad settings.
>

> open a terminal and type
>

> synclient
>

> This will list all your current settings if your touchpad is supported
> by the synaptic drivers.
>

> Then simply run synclient again when you find the setting you want
> with the name and value
>

> probably you want something like:
>

> synclient TapButton1=1
>

> But, you can try each setting that you want to explore and it will
> instantly change your settings.  You probably need to save these to a
> script to automatically be run each time you start your session.
>
> --
> Regards

Israel:

Thank you for providing a work-around for the problem.

Fortunately for me, the systems with the problem are only test-systems.

Hopefully, this problem will be solved before I am to the point of
considering migrating my production systems to Lubuntu 19.04.

Though some people like command-line-interfaces, I hope this work-around
isn't the permanent solution to the problem.