[lubuntu-users] Lubuntu-users Digest, Vol 82, Issue 4

Fritz Hudnut este.el.paz at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 21:38:37 UTC 2018

On 10/10/2018 02:36 PM, Fritz Hudnut wrote:>
AG:

> > Thanks for the thought; I did see that -d modifier in a search on
> > google . . . so far haven't added that one into the command . . .
> > haven't put a whole lot of time into it yet . . . but, spending more
> > time in Lu Next lately so getting into the latest edition might seem
> > to move it up a tad bit.  Is the -d the solution?

> Hey Fritz, yes it is the solution.  You can also use the GUI "Software &
> Updates".  I am not sure if the Qt version is the same as the GTK
> version, but in the GTK version go to the "Updates" tab and at the very
> bottom you can modify:
>
> "Notify me of a new Ubuntu version:" to say "For any new version"
>
> --
> Regards
>
> @Israel:

Also thanks to you for the reply . . . I tried doing that change to "any
new version" several weeks ago and tried a number of updates, via console
and/or via SU . . . and that alone didn't bring in anything other than
"Bionic" updates . . . .  Generally I do like to stay in LTS, but Simon
replied to one of my emails on some issues in Lu Next suggesting to upgrade
to ??18.10?? . . . it just has to be "easy" . . . no tyne for iso installs,
etc.