[lubuntu-users] Desktop crashing (18.04)?

Mark F azdays15 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 25 17:50:10 UTC 2018

Ever since I upgraded to LTS 18.04, PCmanfm crashes every 3-4 days
(sometimes more than once a day. Sometimes it takes two weeks.).[1]

I guess I was thinking it would be fixed, so I never said anything here.
(And, I guess I became used to it after a few months.). I haven't seen
anyone else mentioned it.

So, I'm wondering: is it just me? Or, is it low priority because LXQt is
superseding LXDE? (If the latter, isn't that problematic for an LTS? If the
former, is there some debugging i can turn on to see what's happening so it
could be reported/fixed?).

Thanks in advance! It's not a terrible problem. I could live with it until
19.04 when I might make the upgrade to the Qt version if it's ready for
prime time then.

[1] I have to restart it from the command line using "pcmanfm --desktop
&disown"