[lubuntu-users] LUBUNTU 16.xx, 17.xx, 18.xx, VERY SLOW BOOT...! Damaged Product=

Walter Lapchynski wxl at ubuntu.com
Sun Nov 11 20:15:58 UTC 2018

Again, adding the list. Please reply all.

On Sun, Nov 11, 2018 at 05:48:54PM +0700, Kopi Tv wrote:
> Lubuntu users don't need many things, *just 2 things* =

I think this is a gross simplification that is more appropriately
described as the 2 things *YOU* want.

> 1. Boot Fast

Then follow the instructions I gave you to tweak it to your liking.

> (is very good if .iso cd image always under 1 Giga)

This is not going to happen.

> All software is available

All the software is available in the Ubuntu archives as it is and always
has been, but as software becomes deprecated or unmaintained, all of the
packages may not always exist.

> in the "Software Center"

We always provide graphical solutions to install software but the Ubuntu
Software Center is not a standard part of the install. You can always
install it.

> 2. Internet Browser Fast, safe and easy.

This is probably the most controversial of all the things you have
brought up because the modern web is anything but fast, safe, and easy.
If you want that, use a text browser, but then most sites will be
entirely unusable.

> *Users don't need "good look, heavy and slow when running"*

Then wouldn't it make more sense to concern ourselves with how the
system runs when you're using it rather than when you're booting it? Not
that those are necessarily at odds with one another, but sometimes they
are.

> *Simple is Powerful; like E=mc2*

You're saying relativity is simple? I would highly disagree.
--
       @wxl | polka.bike
C563 CAC5 8BE1 2F22 A49D