[lubuntu-users] Lubuntu 18.04 slow boot and shutdown

Fritz Hudnut este.el.paz at gmail.com
Tue May 15 16:36:03 UTC 2018

On Tue, May 15, 2018 at 12:07 AM, RB <radiobox at mtu-net.ru> wrote:

> Hi, Fritz,
>

> yes, I had 2 systems installed:
> Lubuntu and Ubuntu 17.10 17.10.
> 2 / boot partition.
> I changed GDM to LightDM.
> The startup and shutdown of Ubuntu 17.10 was quick.
>
> After upgrade Ubuntu to Lubuntu 17.10 18.04 ( sudo apt dist-upgrade)
> Ubuntu 18.04 became slow load.

@RB:

Hmmm, well I don't know if that fits the same "multi-boot" scenario that
I'm referring to, where the last installed system will take over the swap
partition, leaving the other distros without a linked swap UUID . . . and
seeming to take a lot longer to boot.  In this case the last upgraded
system should have "captured" the shared swap and should therefore boot
"normally"??

I guess one question for you is, after your "apt dist-upgrade" did you
check to see if you were still using LightDM or did it change it back to
GDM??  And, did you try a "apt -f install" to see if anything needs to be
"fixed" in the upgrade??

Sometimes it takes a few rounds of "update && upgrade" to get the system
optimized . . . and sometimes newer isn't always "faster" . . . but 18.04
overall seems like a good system . . . it is the LTS distro so it should be
around for awhile to get the kinks worked out.