[lubuntu-users] [lubuntu-devel] consistent QA help really needed

Nio Wiklund nio.wiklund at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 20:15:43 UTC 2018

Den 2018-03-12 kl. 19:15, skrev rapt:
> tried installing yesterday's iso in my old IBM Thinkpad T41. After
> installation (made Forcepae) it stops to an allwhite screen, never
> reaches login screen.
>
> CPU 1400 ghz, RAM 1,256 M
>
> 'Till yesterday the machine correctly worked with Lubuntu 14.04 Trusty
> (slow video streaming, but correctly all the other)
>
> Hope useful

Hi rapt,

Which version of Lubuntu did you try (16.04.1, 16.04.4, 17.10, Bionic
(to become 18.04))?

Did you 'Try Lubuntu' - and in that case, did it run live fairly well ?

What graphics chip/card is there in the computer?

I have an IBM Thinkpad T42 (rather similar to T41), and it works for me
with all current versions of Lubuntu (but Bionic is very slow).

I suggest that you try with Lubuntu 16.04.1 LTS (32-bit). You find it
via this link (scroll down to find it),

http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/lubuntu/releases/16.04.1/release/

Best regards
Nio