[lubuntu-users] How to display all boot msgs during boot

Harry Putnam reader at newsguy.com
Sun Jan 28 06:07:13 UTC 2018

Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net>
writes:

> On Sun, 28 Jan 2018 00:27:55 -0500, Harry Putnam wrote:
>>I was capable of 2783.7 lines per second (last time I was tested [about
>>2 yrs ago]) so boot msgs are easy-squeezy.
>>
>>My grand kids hate it when I read out loud to them.  They tell me that
>>instead of individual words all they here is a midrange extended
>>whistle.
>
> It's unlikely the "midrange extended whistle" they dislike, even ifthey
> claim that it's the whistle, more likely they hate the content. Who
> wants to listen to "ok, started load/save random seed" and similar
> content, when the grandpa could tell stories from his job as a sniper
> assassin? Do you know the truth about the JFK assassination? Perhaps a
> workmate was hired by Elvis Presley to do this job? Ok, if you would
> tell us, you would have to kill us afterwards. We are ok with that.

That's a myth about having to kill folks after divulging secrets.  They
stopped that requirement in the early 90's what they came up with was
really prescient, as you will notice ... Folks are made to listen to
Donald Trump for a solid 5 hours.

They started out with 10 hrs but too many people were showing signs of
PTDS.