[lubuntu-users] No desktop appears on reboot of lubuntu 17.10

Harry Putnam reader at newsguy.com
Fri Jan 26 00:40:48 UTC 2018

Israel <israeldahl at gmail.com> writes:
> Hi,
> I got the files from the list, so they are present

I see, yes.  Looks like I made a right mess of it.
So apologizing to the moderators for loading piles of unnecessary
data... some how I manage to post in duplicate.

> I looked through things and am not entirely sure what is causing it.
> There is a lot there, so there may be something obvious I missed.
> The only clue I see right off is that dbus is having some issues with
> something (light locker for one), but I do not see why that would
> corrupt your session.

> So, my basic thought is that your config is wrong, OR you are choosing
> some sort of session which is missing things.  Are you logging into the
> 'Openbox' only session?  Or are you logging into the Lubuntu Desktop
> (not the LXQt desktop either)?

I have not seen anything suggesting I could `choose' anything .. I
just login at the greeter prompt... The same since installation.
There are no choices to make.

> If you accidentally switched to the openbox session it could describe
> why you have these issues pretty well, since it is likely unconfigured
> for a standalone usage.

It sounds like you must see something on the login screen offering
choices of what kind of session you want.  I see nothing of that sort.

How would I know if I accidentally did switch to openbox?.... is there
some way to identify the type of session that opens when I log in.

Should I perhaps rename ~/.config  then logout and see what happens
when I log back in? Or would that just be creating more trouble?