[lubuntu-users] New kernel seems to kill lubuntu in Vbox vm

Harry Putnam reader at newsguy.com
Wed Jan 24 17:24:14 UTC 2018

Israel <israeldahl at gmail.com> writes:

[...]

> Harry you might try another virtualization software, to see if you can
> get around this issue, if there are any available for your OS.

Just wanted to report that a couple of fellow openindian users with
grey beards coached me thru some special treatments of a new vbox
release 5.2.6... that are required to get it installed on openindiana.

I've mangaged to get a spanking new 5.2.6 installed on my Solaris OS
(openindiana) and that seems to have resolved any problems with the
newest lubuntu kernel 4.13.0-31-generic.

I've created and am now running vms with lubuntu 17.10 and the beta
version bionic .. both installed and are now booted up without issues.

Apparently the old VBox version (5.0.40) I was using was most of the
problem.