[lubuntu-users] GIMP 2.8.x resizing for printer

Basil Fernie basil at pop.co.za
Wed Dec 5 12:00:36 UTC 2018

Less than an hour after sending the message below, I learned from
DistroWatch that MX18 Beta 1 is now available, offering GIMP 2.10,
Hopefully this will eventually provide a stable solution to my problem.

However I would still be interested to hear any responses to my original
question.

Basil Fernie

Since the spotlight is on GIMP, I make bold to put up a question which
perhaps I will have to redirect to another forum:

I'm using/trying to use GIMP 2.8.2 under MX17.1 (I do use Lubuntu a lot
too! but I'm trying to nurture a young MX user) and finding one problem:
I cannot resize the image size from the screen original size to print at
a different size even when following the explicit directions in the GIMP
manual. Do any of the Lubuntu users of GIMP 2.8.x find this problem?

The obvious work-around, to install GIMP 2.10.8 to MX17.1, fails
because, it seems, this upgrade is disallowed by the software
installation facility in MX17.1. The /other/ obvious workaround, to do
the GIMP work on Lubuntu 18.10, has environmental and upstream
implications which I don't really want to spend time on.

So, any quick comments from the Lubuntu experience with resizing GIMP
images for printed images?

Basil Fernie