[lubuntu-users] Lubuntu Artful Aardvark Final Beta has been Released!

Leszek Lesner leszek.lesner at web.de
Sat Sep 30 18:30:08 UTC 2017

Hey,

Am 30.09.2017 um 20:10 schrieb Simon Quigley:
> Hey Leszek,
>
> On 09/29/2017 12:01 PM, Leszek Lesner wrote:
>> Did someone test it before releasing.
>> I am under the impression no one tested this.
> So... when we say that Lubuntu Next is a WIP and there's a lot of sharp
> edges, **we actually mean it**. :P
>
>> 5 Minutes of running it from the live media:
>> - Network-Manager does not work (does not ask for wifi password)
> Have you tried clicking on the applet? It doesn't ask for the WiFi
> password because we don't have that notification system configured.
>
>> - Left click on nm-applet does nothing (should show up what is showing up on right click, the list of available networks)
> Did you *just* try a left click or a right click too?
Have you completely read what I wrote?
Right click works yes. But selecting a wireless network does not.
Clicking gives me a message that network is disabled.
Manually trying to add a network is not possible the dialog vanishes
when I try to do it.
I used nmtui to connect to my network.

>> - No GTK Theme set (LXTerminal and PCManFM look ugly and almost unusable with invisible icons for buttons)
> That's expected, default settings aren't properly set. It's in the
> release notes...
>
>> - Why isn't PCManFM Qt used as file manager?
> It is, it just doesn't show as the Qt version in the panel.

Yeah I saw pcmanfm-qt also installed and that looks and works fine. Why
are lxterminal and pcman (gtk version) even installed?

I also noticed there is some qt password manager (qtpass) installed of
some. Though it relies on gpg (gnupg) and this is not installed by
default so this app is totally useless.

The same goes for Discover. It does load up but does not show any
software applications. Even after running apt-get update it does not
show up anything (is apport maybe missing. Did not have time to check this)

Muon and Synaptic seem redundant aswell.

MPV in the Multimedia menu should be hidden by default as it is only
used as backend for SMPlayer.

SMplayer needs a theming fitting the rest of the system.

PCManFM-Qt needs a sane config (xterm is set as default terminal that
isn't even installed needs Qterm and Xarchiver as archiving app)

I hope these issues can be fixed until the release.

Regarding the theming. Not sure what is stopping the devs to create a
small theming lubuntu-lxqt-theming or whatever package to make it look a
bit like Lubuntu and not stock LXQt.

Greetings

Leszek