[lubuntu-users] Lubuntu-users Digest, Vol 69, Issue 13

Fritz Hudnut este.el.paz at gmail.com
Thu Sep 14 15:01:30 UTC 2017

@Eric:

Yes, for the most part support for PPC has been dropped, and that does seem
to also include a repo port even for 16.04, as when I try to upgrade my
various PPC systems I get an "error" . . . and that may have "broken" the
upgrade . . . .  If you are in 32 bit PPC whatever you have might be it,
besides doing "manual" upgrades, possibly synaptic might show you options
for upgrading packages . . . .

If you are in 64 bit PPC then I believe that OpenSUSE still offers support
for a PPC spin.  Long live PPC . . . I think Debian has dropped PPC and so
all the little PPC gnomes are slowly dying off . . . .  U-MATE offered an
alpha 17.04 for PPC by "mistake" . . . I found some issues with it, so I'm
in various flavors of 16.04, except in an iMac it's still running 12.04, I
tried to use Software Upgrade to boost it to 14.04 and hoping for 16.04 to
avoid the fresh install revamp on xorg.conf and video driver snafu . . .
terminal refuses to comply with my commands . . . .

Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2017 00:28:37 +0200