[lubuntu-users] lubuntu

Mark F azdays15 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 8 18:56:15 UTC 2017

You're probably seeking more detailed how-to instructions. But, if you plan
to install Lubuntu on the same drive as Windows, I would download the
"Clonezilla Live" .iso file, burn it to CD (or to a USB thumb/flash drive
using the free unetbootin tool). Boot from that, and make an image copy of
the entire drive. If something goes wrong with your dual boot, you should
be able to boot Clonezilla and restore that copy back to the drive.

I have never had good luck with dual boot. It seems like after all these
years the GRUB (etc.) would be perfected. But, *every* time I've tried it
I've had nothing but trouble. I always have to run the "boot-repair" tool.
I would lean toward a 2nd drive and selectively booting it (maybe an
external drive?). But, maybe my aversion to dual-boot is just me. I might
be making too much out of it. The linuxquestions forum might provide more
help because there's more people there with the same generic Ubuntu
questions, etc.

Mark