[lubuntu-users] [lubuntu-devel] Lubuntu Artful Aardvark Beta 1 has been released!

Ian Bruntlett ian.bruntlett at gmail.com
Fri Sep 1 20:00:44 UTC 2017

Hi Simon,

On 1 September 2017 at 07:17, Simon Quigley <tsimonq2 at lubuntu.me> wrote:

> You can grab the Lubuntu images from here:
> http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/lubuntu/releases/artful/beta-1/

Downloaded this, this evening:-
0757bc16ecf4b76a10c698c30efde373  lubuntu-17.10-beta1-desktop-i386.iso

Did an install on the usual netbook (details below):-
Samsung NC10 - hawking, Intel Atom N270, 1.66GHz, 32-bit, 2GiB RAM, 149.05
GiB hard drive, no optical drive, Ethernet and WiFi connections, lubuntu
typically installed via USB flashdrive
More details:- https://gist.github.com/21b61903871ee685fc79

Now I did an install from USB flash drive. During the install, this error
message appeared:-
Error restoring installed applications
An error occurred while restoring previously installed applications. The
installation will continue but you may have to manually reinstall some
applications after the computer reboots.

After that, the install proceeded and completed.

On booting into the new install, started Firefox and it ran OK.

Played around with Synaptic Package Manager. Could not open it from the
GUI, had to do a "sudo synaptic &" from the command line. Later on, I
discovered I could not launch GParted from the GUI either - it looks like
the GUI does not like launching applications that require super user
rights. Had a bit of a problem running "sudo synaptic &" from the command
line - quite often it would fail to ask for a password but, on second
thoughts, I might have sudo'd already from that terminal window.

HTH,

Ian

-- Free Software page -
https://sites.google.com/site/ianbruntlett/home/free-software