[lubuntu-users] install problem

Stephen Soucy sjsoucy at gmail.com
Mon Nov 27 01:50:21 UTC 2017

Greetings!

I am trying to run lubuntu 17.10-desktop-amd64.iso on an older MacBook, Core 2 Duo 2 GHz processor with 1 GB of RAM. I burned a dvd on my newer MacBook, and when I insert it in the old MacBook, and start with the option key down, it presents me with a choice of my regular hard drive, which has OS X 10.6.8 installed, or the dvd (labeled windows). I select the DVD, and after a little whirring, it shows a black screen as follows:

		1.

		2.

	Select CD-ROM Boot Type :

At this point, the computer is unresponsive to any keyboard input. The computer eventually spins down and waits for instruction, and I am forced to shut it down.

I have tried to boot from a usb thumb drive, but that doesn’t seem to work on this older machine, though my 2010 MacBook seems to boot from them now, after using Mac Linux USB loader app. Is there a trick to this? Something extra I need to do when I burn to disk? Look forward to your input. Thanks.

Stephen Soucy
sjsoucy at gmail.com