[lubuntu-users] Support

Ian Bruntlett ian.bruntlett at gmail.com
Sun Nov 12 15:37:50 UTC 2017

Hi Ralf et al,

On 12 November 2017 at 14:45, Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net>
wrote:

> Apart from this, it might have been a BIOS issue and maybe the RAM
> wasn't bad. Memtest is _not_ reliable. Using Memtest makes sense, but
> you shouldn't trust it.
>
> If RAM shouldn't pass Memtest you need to rule out other issues, at
> least you should replug the RAM bars.

Given personal experience of refurbishing computers for the Contact
Computer Wombling/Refurbishing Project, I have found that when a computer
I'm working on fails to run memtest86+ , that computer is not reliable
enough for normal use. After a memtest86+ test has been passed, I wipe the
hard drive using dban. If that fails, it is a strong indication that I'm
going to have to change the hard drive.

HTH,

Ian

-- Free Software page -