[lubuntu-users] Lubuntu's repository

Israel israeldahl at gmail.com
Sat Nov 11 18:23:15 UTC 2017

On 11/11/2017 02:23 AM, Joe Smith wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I wanted to know about Lubuntu's repository out of curiosity.
>
> Does Lubuntu have its own repository, or does it use Github as its
> repository for its programs, if Lubuntu uses Github as their
> repository then does Lubuntu validate all the programs or does Github?
>
> Kind regards
> Joe Smith

Hi,

Lubuntu uses Launchpad to host the code for building the packages
(desktop meta package, artwork, etc..) on Ubuntu's servers.  The Ubuntu
build servers use the normal Debian way for checking and validating
things.  They use lintian for the Debian package lint checks, and
pbuilber to compile it and make the packages which does some pretty
strict checking of the the packaging.  This is all validated via APT.
Lubuntu packages are directly included in the Ubuntu repositories (not a
PPA)

LXDE/Qt hosts their code on Github.  I am not sure what they use for
their builds.  But this is the compiled code (the panel, filemanager,
etc...), Lubuntu doesn't really write many compiled programs/packages,
though IIRC there may be a GTK app written in Vala for something, but I
may be mistaken.