[lubuntu-users] Using Pentium 3 Machines on Lubuntu

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sat May 13 11:41:21 UTC 2017

PS:
>>On Mon, 8 May 2017 20:54:00 -0600 Aere Greenway wrote:
>>> But on attempting to browse the web (using Firefox) to download my
>>> latest music software, the browser crashes!

Do they crash when browsing and/or downloading? If they crash during a
download, are you downloading to a tmpfs?

If so, run

  df | grep tmpfs

to see if tmpfs still provides free space. By default it's limited to
half of the available RAM. You could enlarge it by a fstab entry.
e.g.

tmpfs  /tmp  tmpfs nodev,nosuid,size=3G  0 0
       ^^^^ add the path ;).         ^^
                                     ^^ replace this with a size
                                     smaller than the available
                                     memory ;).