[lubuntu-users] boot screen not showing

Spike spike at drba.org
Wed Jul 26 23:19:58 UTC 2017

Dear all,

I'm using lubuntu 16.4 and while on SSD I never even noticed this, now that
I installed on a slower spinning drive I realized the boot splash screen
(plymouth?) is not working.

I see a black screen with one line saying that /dev/sda1 is clean and then
all the services with [OK] etc - or the screen stays black all the way
until lightdm is loaded.

Similarly at shutdown all I see is a black cursor and it's hard for a not
advanced user to realize the shutdown is still in progress.

any help to get this fixed would be most appreciated.

best,

Spike