[lubuntu-users] [lubuntu-devel] Call for testing: Artful Aardvark Alpha 2

Ian Bruntlett ian.bruntlett at gmail.com
Wed Jul 26 17:58:06 UTC 2017

Hi Simon,

On 25 July 2017 at 18:19, Simon Quigley <tsimonq2 at lubuntu.me> wrote:

> Hello everybody, it's that time again! The Lubuntu team needs your help
> testing Lubuntu Artful Aardvark Alpha 2 so we can release on Thursday.

I've installed Lubuntu Aardvark Alpha 2 (32 bit) on my Samsung NC10
Netbook. Here are the details about the files:-
-rw-rw-r-- 1 ian ian  121 Jul 26 17:03 MD5SUMS
-rw-rw-r-- 1 ian ian 778M Jul 26 17:07 artful-alternate-i386.iso
-rw-rw-r-- 1 ian ian 1.5K Jul 26 17:17 readme.txt
ian at turing:~/isos/2017-07-25$ md5sum artful-alternate-i386.iso
a2f826057617fb13d13564af7fba95c2  artful-alternate-i386.iso

Hardware details about the Netbook can be found here:-
https://gist.github.com/anonymous/21b61903871ee685fc79

Now I used the Guided Partitioning (Entire Disc) which devotes all of the
harddrive as a single partition. Personally I always set up sda1 as a swap
partition as 2 * the amount of RAM stored and sda2 as / ext4 the rest of
the hard drive.

System installed successfully. Tried various things. Could not start
Synaptic Package Manager from Swift menu or from command line. Used sudo
apt-get install to install LibreOffice - could not start LO Writer from
Swift menu. Ran soffice from command line. Chose to run Writer. Failed to
start it.

I am going to go to the appropriate LaunchPad page and log error
information there.

BW,

Ian

-- Free Software page -