[lubuntu-users] Downloading YouTube videos on lubuntu.

Ian Bruntlett ian.bruntlett at gmail.com
Sun Feb 5 15:15:04 UTC 2017

Hi,

I am trying to sort out something for a friend. He downloads YouTube videos
on Windows 7 and his laptop was rootkitted a couple of weeks back. I was
hoping to put something together using lubuntu on an old PC tower with the
hope of him not getting rootkitted. He'll need something with a GUI.

I am also trying to sort out something for myself, using Ubuntu to download
YouTube video clips. Typically programming stuff. I've done some research
and discovered that there is a Python programme called youtube-dl available
from the Synaptic Package Manager. Any recommendations/suggestions before I
install it? (I have done a backup of data files this afternoon). I am
comfortable with the bash command line.

BW,

Ian
-- Free Software page -