[lubuntu-users] 64 Bit netbook - Acer Aspire One 722-C52rr

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Mon Apr 24 10:08:01 UTC 2017

On 23 April 2017 at 18:37, Ian Bruntlett <ian.bruntlett at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have acquired an Acer 64-bit netbook, to test Lubuntu 64-bit on. I was
> wondering, does anyone know about this sort of thing? It has Windows 10 on
> and I was thinking of setting it up to dual boot.
>
> Currently 16.4GB of 297GB the hard drive is in use. I suppose before I try
> to install Lubuntu I should back that up, somehow (probably Clonezilla).

Is there anything in _that copy_ of Windows that you want?

If not:

You can download perfectly legal full ISOs of Win10 from MS itself.

Extract the product key and keep it (e.g. with ProduKey, freeware) and
just nuke it.

Otherwise, run Windows Disk Cleanup, run CHKDSK /F, empty the bin etc.
defrag it, then shrink the partition using Windows Disk Management to
as small as it will go, and install Lubuntu in a logical drive in the
free space.

Email: lproven at cix.co.uk • Google Mail/Talk/Plus: lproven at gmail.com