[lubuntu-users] how is lubuntu iso made? anybody got a script?

Israel israeldahl at gmail.com
Sat Apr 15 19:42:30 UTC 2017

On 04/15/2017 10:13 AM, Spike wrote:
> I have been trying to install lubuntu (lxde) on top of mini.iso
> because I'm pxe booting all my desktop and servers and it would be
> useful to not have to maintain all kinds fo diff nfsroots for
> installation.
>
> however every time I tried to install from mini and then add
> lubuntu-desktop on top I got a broken environment, where the most
> obvious brokenness was the language part.
>
> I tried to uninstall ibus and switch to fcitx as you suggested, but
> that never went quite well... the switch happens but then things like
> sogou pinyin, which my users here need for chinese input, doesn't work
> where instead it works perfectly fine if installed on a lubuntu iso.
>
> Therefore there must be something different done with the ISO building
> that I've been unable to figure out.
>
> thanks,
>
> Spike

Hi Spike,
Ok, I see what you are now saying.  mini.iso + sudo apt install
lubuntu-desktop
You might try to install lubuntu-core first, then lubuntu-desktop

One thing to check would be permissions of the home folder, and the
hidden contents of things like
.config/
.cache/
et cetera...
My guess is that either you are missing something vital (though
lubuntu-core is a dependency of lubuntu-desktop) OR the way you are
doing it is messing up permissions in something in your home folder.
It could be something entirely different but those two are the first two
things I'd look at

--
Regards