[lubuntu-users] [lubuntu-devel] what to check in the Lubuntu alternate

Walter Lapchynski wxl at ubuntu.com
Tue Sep 27 19:19:18 UTC 2016

Well yet ANOTHER respin is on the way because of this (see this [bug][1]).
Currently alternates are disabled to keep from wasting anyone's time and
will be respun automatically once the new version propagates. Fix is in
xorg 1:7.7+13ubuntu4. You should be able to [subscribe][2] to the
alternates to get an email update when they're ready.

[1]: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xorg/+bug/1628133

On Tue, Sep 27, 2016 at 4:54 AM, Nio Wiklund <nio.wiklund at gmail.com> wrote:

> Den 2016-09-27 kl. 13:45, skrev Nio Wiklund:
>
>> Den 2016-09-27 kl. 13:34, skrev Simon Quigley:
>>
>>> See my email to lubuntu-devel last night for more details. ;)
>>>

>> I can test in UEFI mode (and BIOS mode), but I am not using QEMU, so
>> someone else must test that.
>>
>> -o-
>>
>> By the way, the i386 version seems to fail (of course in BIOS mode),
>>
>> "lubuntu-core: Depending on xserver-xorg-input-all but it will not be
>> installed"
>>
>> I guess we are in a hurry, because we are already several days behind
>> the time-table. I am somewhat busy this afternoon, so I suggest someone
>> else creates bug reports ...
>>
>> Best regards
>> Nio
>>

> Hi again,
>
> I find the same show-stopping bug in the amd64 version (of Lubuntu
> alternate dated 20160927.2
>

> Best regards
> Nio

       @wxl | polka.bike