[lubuntu-users] Monitor Resolution Much Reduced on Lubuntu 16.04

Nio Wiklund nio.wiklund at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 05:40:28 UTC 2016

Den 2016-09-27 kl. 07:29, skrev Aere Greenway:
> Lubuntu Users:
>
> One of my machines, running Lubuntu 16.04, has a monitor which has been
> working (as long as we can remember on 14.04, and a long time after
> upgrading to 16.04) at a resolution of 1680 x 1050 (or something like
> that).  And it still runs with that resolution on Windows 10.
>
> For some reason, as far as we know, without us doing anything, when we
> boot Lubuntu, the resolution went down to 1024 x 768.
>
> I suspect (but don't know for sure) this was caused by a system update.
>
> In checking Preferences...Monitor Settings, the highest resolution
> listed is 1024 x 768.
>
> I installed ARandR, and with that, the 1024 x 768 is again the highest
> resolution available.
>
> We applied the latest updates, but that didn't change it.
>
> We know the monitor currently works at the higher (1680 x 1050)
> resolution (on Windows), but see no way of configuring that resolution
> in Lubuntu.
>
> Does anyone know how we can restore the higher resolution in Lubuntu 16.04?

Hi Aere,

This is too bad. I suspect that a bad version of the graphics driver
came with an updated kernel. It might work better, if you [re-install
and] use an older version of the linux kernel.

Please tell us about the graphics chip/card, and which graphics driver,
that is used now!

Best regards
Nio